Monday, December 14, 2009

Apathy Rising




In the event that I become a politician or go in business I must first state that this post is sarcastic.


Why do we have to imagine ourselves in the apocalypse when we see apocalyptic films or novels? I simply do not understand why I must feel the way a character feels in a certain piece. Admit tingly, the situation the man is in for The Road may be terrible, but do I have to care. When I watch the news, do I have to worry if a levee broke in so dirty-ass city? When Zietoun is captured he should have fought back, he had people who could help. Reading a book about a coward is not interesting; it’s an assignment. I don’t care about the anniversary of Katrina and how bad the people of that city need help. They need to help themselves; I shouldn’t have to help anyone. I never do and I will never need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.