Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dave Eggers and the future of newsprint...all in one place

This is a LATIMES article on Dave Eggers' latest project. The story is about McSweeney's publishing a "300-plus-page Sunday-style broadsheet newspaper," which makes my online access of the article very conspicuous. But anyway...I found it a really interesting read as it deals with contemporary issues regarding the dispersion of news, as well as the author we are currently reading. It seems that in these seemingly apocalyptic times for the journalism industry, Eggers is willing to bet on the tangible. Personally, I think there is something to be said for traditional news media and I am totally with Eggers when he says that "Our hope," Eggers notes, "is that readers will say, 'I forgot all these things that newsprint can do.' I think it's life-affirming when you say, 'Let's just write it at the length it needs to be and not keep shrinking everything.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.