My title is vague and unfitting, I believe. I may edit it out and change it to something more relevant. So in case I edit it, it used to say "This is Intriguing, but Also Sad."
The problem is, I didn't explain why it was sad. I posted it in a small response to Professor Schaberg's Kindle advertisement which included the cover of The Road on it.
I suppose I chose Poe because... why would they place the Kindle inside of an "old" book like that? The idea of the Kindle is precisely that you don't have to carry around books.
I also feel like the weight of literature often dictates its contents. For example, when you pick up a newspaper, a tome, a glossy magazine, or a poem, you know what you're getting yourself into. You know what you are about to read, and how long it may take you to read it.
I don't understand the ad above, nor do I really like it. The idea of a Kindle is brilliant, but I hope it never replaces physical copies of books. (Although it may have to in an environmental light, to stop a possible global apocalypse in which resources are squandered and lost?)
My title is vague and unfitting, I believe. I may edit it out and change it to something more relevant. So in case I edit it, it used to say "This is Intriguing, but Also Sad."
ReplyDeleteThe problem is, I didn't explain why it was sad. I posted it in a small response to Professor Schaberg's Kindle advertisement which included the cover of The Road on it.
I suppose I chose Poe because... why would they place the Kindle inside of an "old" book like that? The idea of the Kindle is precisely that you don't have to carry around books.
I also feel like the weight of literature often dictates its contents. For example, when you pick up a newspaper, a tome, a glossy magazine, or a poem, you know what you're getting yourself into. You know what you are about to read, and how long it may take you to read it.
I don't understand the ad above, nor do I really like it. The idea of a Kindle is brilliant, but I hope it never replaces physical copies of books. (Although it may have to in an environmental light, to stop a possible global apocalypse in which resources are squandered and lost?)